...and the beat goes on

Yes I have been working on my paintings these past few days... I think I have stalled out for the moment on baldy, but the portraits are progressing apace.


I am wrestling with the details, and I think I may be looking with too narrow of vision as I get further along with these 2 pieces. I find myself trying to draw with the paint rather than actually painting with the paint... ahh well. Press on, as they say.






On a lighter side, I decided to take one of my less used sketchbooks (I don't much care for the quality and weight of the paper, but it does have a wonderful hard cover!), gesso over the cover, and slap some paint on it for the sake of doing something silly... I have no idea what it is supposed to be since it really only represents me using up extra paint. But who said all art needs a point?





Well... now that the portraits are nearing completion (or are seemingly near completion) I am beginning to ponder what my next paintings should be; I don't want to do the same thing over and over again (at least not yet) so I was trying to conceive of subjects not-typical of my usual work...


...perhaps a landscape or a building... we shall see. We shall see.

Comments

Popular Posts