a lovely pair...

Normally, the 2 bikes that are locked to the racks outside my local supermarket are the same 2 that have been perpetually locked there (and I suspect, abandoned ) since last Fall:



It's really too bad, because the bike in the bottom pic (a Fuji Sagres Mixte of unknown year) is actually quite nice... well, it was before the chain rusted solid... (on a quick side note; if anyone knows what the policy for abandoned bikes is for the city of Cambridge is, let me know.)

...But as I was saying...

...I was presently perusing pathways of produce, potables, and perishables, when I saw a young(ish) couple shopping together. The gentleman was wearing a t-shirt that said "Seven" in the Seven Cycles font (as both a art&design geek AND a bicycle geek, I tend to notice little nuances like that). I didn't actually think much of it until I got outside and saw the following:


I put 2 and 2 together pretty quickly at that point ;) They look like they are set up as "daily drivers" -- the smaller bike with straight bars and cantilever breaks, the larger with disc brakes, and both with touring rather than "road" size tires -- except that there aren't any racks, fenders, or other peripherals to aid practicality...
...now just so you know, I am NOT placing a value judgment on the owners of these bikes... I would not deign to sully such beautiful frames with such items... 

...love them. :)

and they look so lovely together, don't they?



Comments

Popular Posts